10 Tips for Facebook Live Success
Improve your Live broadcasts (or start your first one!) with these helpful hints.
- Promote your stream before you go Live by posting the time and topic on all of your social media channels. Consider inviting people to a Facebook Event to generate excitement.
- Make a plan. What is the purpose of your broadcast? When introducing a new product, promoting a sale or event, or building community, maximize engagement by paring self-promotion with helpful information.
- Give it a catchy title. Come up with a title that will entice viewers to check out your broadcast.
- Go Live regularly. Choose a time based on your audience’s availability and go live once a week to build community.
- Limit distractions. Live streams are no place for clutter or background noise. Use a clear background and a tripod to minimize shakiness.
- Test it out. Set the privacy to “Only Me” to do a test run. Is your lighting good? Is your internet connection strong? (Try to use WiFi rather than your phone’s internet.) Make sure you’re happy before you go Live.
- Embrace mistakes. Nobody expects perfection from Live videos. Be genuine and don’t get thrown by minor errors. Keep going!
- Be responsive. One of the best things about Live videos is their ability to create interaction. Answer questions from viewers in real-time. Call them by their names to build relationships and encourage comments. If it’s easier, ask a helper to read comments to you.
- Stream for at least 10 minutes. For Live videos, 15 to 20 minutes is a sweet spot for length. As you broadcast, more viewers will come across your video and join. Remember to occasionally reintroduce yourself and your topic for new viewers.
- Leave them with a task. Sign off with an action item: sign up for our newsletter, subscribe to our Live notifications, visit during our sale, enter our contest, etc.